No matter what kind of frost protection you use, one thing is absolutely essential for all systems: you must start in time! One of the main causes of frost damage is that protection systems are being launched too late. This can be due to different issues:
* growers do not have a frost alarm.
* growers are starting their protection system, based on a dry temperature.
* the frost alarm is not placed in the right place.
* the temperature sensor is installed too high.
When it comes to frost protection, there is only one important temperature: the wet temperature. Using a dry temperature meter is one the biggest mistakes you can make. Therefore, it's crucial to have a good alarm system that tells you when to start., based on the wet temperature.
Why a Agrofrost Alarm?
There are many reasons why our alarm is probably the best:
* no alarms is so easy to start up.
* alarm is based on the wet temperature.
* the use of a SIM-card to send a text message (not included).
* possibility to send a text message to 3 mobile phones.
* possibility to send a text message to the alarm. The alarm will respond with a text message that includes all data: wet temperature, dry temperature, humidity, voltage of battery, wind speed, installed alarm temperature..
* works on any battery from 9 to 24 Volt (not included).
* sensor with a precision of 0.1 °C for maximum precision.
* delivered with adjustable inox support.
How to install?
When installing your alarm, you need to respect a few rules:
* place the alarm in the orchard or vineyard that you want to protect.
* place the alarm in the lowest (=coldest) spot of the field.
* if you have several fields, use one alarm for each field.
* the sensor must be placed at the same height as the lowest flowers/buds.
Copyright © 2016